holidays are so irrelevant to missionaries because we never get a day off. and I am grateful for that. no time to rest when you're doin' the Lord's work!
1. 4 MINUTE RESTORATION: okay, this is so legit. President Bateman challenged all of us missionaries to teach the message of the restoration in 4 minutes. Yes, it sounds crazy. But it is possible, and SO SPIRITUAL. The Spirit is there the whole time testifying because we are teaching restored truths the whole time. We've been using it like crazy and it's been cool to see the miracles from it. We were able to pick up 5 new investigators this week from using it. We also have been teaching it to members. one of our members after we did it said "Can I record you doing that to send to my kids?" how cute? i love the 4 minute resto!
2. EXCHANGES: this week we had exchanges with the Taylorville sisters and I got to spend the day with Sister Rindlisbacher. She is only in her 2nd transfer of her mission and is so cute. She's still pretty nervous about being a missionary, mainly talking to and teaching people the gospel. But I was able to see her grow so much in the short day we were together. The enabling power of the atonement is real! it helps us to be able to overcome any fear or challenge we may have.
3. MY ZLs ARE MY DLs: we had a change in our district and now our zone leaders are also our district leaders. kinda weird, but fun also! district meeting has always been one of my favorite meetings. this week we talked about how we need to help the people we are teaching to understand the importance of the gift of the holy ghost. I have gained such an appreciation for the spirit. The gift of the holy ghost is truly the best gift we could ever have.
4. FLORENCE: one of the new investigators we taught this week was Florence. She is the sweetest lady, we love her! She felt the spirit as we shared the message of the restoration with her and accepted a baptismal invitation. She asked us if we could come and see her every other day because she really needs to get back into going to church. #NotMad.
5. MLC: my favorite, favorite meeting ever. We talked about the doctrine of repentance and baptism. the first lesson we teach is the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. sometimes we leave out the gospel of Jesus Christ part, and only talk about the restoration. But the gospel of Jesus Christ is so central to our purpose as missionaries, we need to always be teaching it to others. We talked a lot about repentance also. I am so grateful for the ability to repent. I feel like my mission has truly taught me what it means to repent. Repentance brings us true joy.
I hope you all have a fabulous week.
I LOVE YOU ALL.