Thursday, October 13, 2016

Week 69

HEYYYY FAMILY.

How was conference weekend? didn't you just love it? I DID!
Besides conference, here are some other highlights.
1. FAMILY REUNION: so since i'm away from my family, the people on my mission are my family. legit, I love all the missionaries in this mission, they are like my own brothers and sisters. this week with transfers, I got a new companion: SISTER KIKKERT. WOO.  She was trained by my MTC comp Sister Bishop and I was her STL when I was in O'fallon. Plus the new elder in our ward is Elder Lindsay, who was in my last district when I was in O'fallon. Also, Sister Arch is in one of our zones too. ahhh, it's so great to be reuinted with all of my mission fam! 
2. MINI MISSIONARY: Allaric is such a great example of being a missionary, and since he's only 10 I'll refer to him as a mini missionary :) we taught him this last week and his neighbor friends usually come and sit in on the lessons. We were talking about prophets and one of his friends asked what a prophet was. Allaric answered, "A prophet is someone who speaks to God and tells us the commandments." It was awesome because we didn't even have to answer her question, he did it for us. GO ALLARIC!
3. BLAST FROM THE PAST: rewind to a year ago when I was serving in Potosi, Missouri. Sister Hill and I taught Dennis Moore all of the lessons in a period of 11 days and he was baptized 3 weeks later right after I left the area. Dennis is so awesome, and a great example of people being prepared to accept the gospel. well, THE MOORES CAME AND VISITED ME THIS WEEK. It was so great to see the two of them. Plus they brought me my favorite frozen custard from LIX. hahahah Sister Hill and I were super addicted to it. shout out to the Moore's! 
4. SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND: we have an investigator that we've been working with for a while that hasn't had much progress. she's been reading the BOM but told us she hasn't found any peace in it. we asked her what she was searching for while reading the BOM and she told us that she was looking for contradictions to the bible. we told her that she won't find peace in the BOM if she isn't looking for it. she agreed this week to look for peace in the BOM. we promised her that she would find it as she was seeking. If you seek to find fault and contradictions in the BOM it will be pretty hard to find peace, but if you are searching for peace and happiness, I promise you can find it. 
5. #LDSCONF: general conference, my favorite time of the year. It's basically like christmas for missionaries. Sister Kikkert and I have been inviting people to write down a question in preparation for conference so we both decided to do the same thing. I wrote my question down and within the first few talks of the saturday morning session my question was answered. I testify that God answers any question we may have. how blessed are we to have a living prophet and apostles on the earth today that give us so much hope and guidance. 

Happy October. I hope you are all enjoying this sweater weather.
Sweater weather is better weather. am i right??

LOVE YOU ALL.
XOXO
Sister Turpin 
HELLO MOORES.
I love these people so much.
Hanging out with my good old friend, Abe.
We just found out yesterday that Elder Johnson is going home.. super sad. 
Elder Dial is our district leader and he will be leaving also to be with another companionship near St. Louis.
it's like losing the two brothers I never had. 


My new comp: SISTER KIKKERT :)
Posing with our good friend, Abe Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment