Thursday, October 13, 2016

Weel 67

HEY FAMILY.
this week we great, just like every other. hahaha but seriously......every week is great as a missionary.

here is what happened..

1. MISSION POSTERITY: we had our last exchange of the transfer with the Danville sisters! woooo! Sister Howard and Sister Lyons are awesome. plus Sister Howard is my grandbaby. Sister Hill trained her and let me just brag for a second.... I HAVE THE BEST MISSION FAMILY EVER. Like legit. exchanges were great and super fun like always! at the end of the day the Danville sisters called their investigator Abrion, who Sister Henrie and I found and taught when we were in Danville. I got to talk to her for 5 minutes and it was so great, she told me she is still planning to get baptized later this year. it's always so great to hear how people progress after you leave the area.
2. PRINCESS TIANA: Sister Day and I got a phone call from an 801 area code this week and she goes.. "wait, this is a Utah area code..." but of course we answered it and this is what we heard. "HI, my name is Diana and I'm a member from Utah. I'm here in Springfield touring with Disney on ice, I have the day off tomorrow and was wondering if I could come out with you guys and teach." Sister Day and I were shocked. LIKE WHO DOES THAT??? but of course we were pumped and told her we would pick her up the next day and she could do missionary work with us. she was so cute and just got her mission call to serve in LA, California. also, she played princess Tiana for Disney

on ice so basically we got to hang out with a Disney princess all day. #WINNING
3. MISSION CONFERENCE: we had our mission conference this week with Elder Wilford W. Andersen of the 70 and his wife. it's always a special opportunity to shake hands with a general authority and learn from them. we got to have a special MLC afterwards for a couple hours. the last 30 minutes of our MLC Elder Andersen invited each of us to share a 60 second or less testimony of the things that we know are true. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I have had. a testimony doesn't have to be long to be powerful. 
4. TIFFANY: alright, Tiffany is so legit! we found her a couple weeks ago at a less active's house. she lives a few doors down and was at his house when we went to visit him. we asked her if we could teach her and she said yes. we taught her the restoration this last week and the spirit was so strong. the first time we invited her to be baptized she said she had already been baptized, but after we taught her the restoration and explained the priesthood we re invited her when the spirit was there and she said yes and that she will pray about a date. WOOOO. plus, she totally came to church on sunday! She's 14 years old so we got to hang out in the youth Sunday school class with her. it was great!
5. RAINEE AND LONNIE GOT BAPTIZED: since we share a ward with elders, sometimes it feels like we share investigators. hahaha. but the couple the elders were teaching that got married the week before, got baptized and confirmed this last week. It was so great to see them make that covenant with their Heavenly Father. I love seeing how the gospel can change people. 

It's week 6 of the transfer.... I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. We have lots of good things happening this week. We find out on Saturday if we stay or leave. The anticipation is killing me....

well I truly love all of you. hope you have a great week! 

XOXO Sister Turpin
OMG. SO ONE OF OUR MEMBERS GAVE US A QUESADILLA MAKER. I was so excited. I love quesadillas! 
Sister Howard and I on exchanges with "Princess Tiana" :)  Cornfields of Illinois
HAPPY BAPTISM FOR RAINEE AND LONNIE.
Ilove these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment