Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Week 57

HEY FAMILY.
I'm officially in Springfield, Illinois. Transfer week is always so crazy. I just got here last Tuesday but it already feels like I've been here FOREVER. Time is such a weird thing on the mission... We have been so busy this last week I feel like I haven't even had time to think/breath. It's a good thing though!
The best parts of the week were......
1. Jessica! She is on date for baptism for July 30th right now. She is wonderful! We taught her the plan of salvation this last week and she loved it! So cool thing, Jessica has rheumatoid arthritis and my companion Sister Day has type 1 diabetes. Well when we taught her about the resurrection we read a conference talk with her that talked about how we will all have perfected glorified bodies when we are resurrected. The spirit was so strong! Because our Savior Jesus Christ overcame death and was resurrected, we all will be too. Every physical or mental condition our bodies may have will be cured. HOW COOL IS THAT. Jessica was loving it. Plus she came to church on Sunday. She told us that she had lots of questions answered by coming to church. 
2. Lorraine. I love this girl! She makes me laugh all the time. She is 7 months pregnant and has a date for August 7th, my birthday. Best birthday present ever right?? LOL. We brought a member, Sister Trojahn, to Lorraine's lesson on Saturday. Sister Trojahn is a young mom so her and Lorraine clicked instantly over talking about baby stuff. Lorraine kept saying "Thank you so much for bringing her to my house. She has been such a blessing. I love you girls, but she can relate to me more." That's why I love when members come to lessons with us! Sister Trojahn shared her story of  how she converted to the gospel and it was just what Lorraine needed to hear. Lorraine came to church on Sunday too and even brought her husband with her. YAYAY. Hopefully we can start teaching him soon too!
3. MLC. my favorite day of the whole transfer! I was anticipating going to MLC all week to see what our focus would be this transfer and also to get to know President and Sister Bateman more. They are both wonderful! President Bateman has done a really great job of helping us as missionaries to see the vision of what our mission needs to be. "When people have a vision, they thrive." He broke down our baptismal goal month to month for each zone. It made our goal seem way more realistic and attainable. Also, more good news: we usually have MLC the first friday of the transfer, but President Bateman told us that we will be having it the first friday of every month from now on. #NotMad. I always gain so much revelation and motivation from this meeting. It will be great to have it monthly! 
I hope you all have a great week.
I LOVE YOU
XOXO
Sister Turpin 

p.s. here is my new address.
you can write me, or nah.

120 spring creek rd.
springfield, IL 62702


Allison

My new companion, Sister Day

There's TONS of Lincoln stuff here in Springfield. I guess it's a thing to rub Lincoln's nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment