Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Week 56

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!
I hope that everyone eats some yummy food, hangs out with some wonderful people, and watches some good fireworks. That's what we will be doing today!
Okay, first things first: TRANSFER DOCTRINE. We got the call on Saturday and Sister Arch will be staying here and I will be going to Springfield, Illinois with Sister Day! I'm super excited. Sister Day was one of the sisters I was an STL over my first transfer here in O'fallon, she is such a sweet heart. Plus I get to be an STL over my baby girl, SISTER HILL. WOOOOO. My first companion Sister Reed served the last 6 months of her mission in Springfield and loved it so I am looking forward to it. It will be a great transfer. 
Also, we met our new mission President!! Friday we had our first meeting with President Bateman, his wife and their 14 year old daughter Sydney. They are wonderful people. I was so nervous all day long, but as soon as I met them I knew that I was going to love them. He talked with us about obedience. go figure. the typical missionary topic. but it was great! he told us that as missionaries we have the most freedom right now than any other time in our life. We each have our own trust box and as long as we stay within the limits of that trust box we are free to do whatever we want. As soon as we step outside the trust box, it gets smaller and so does our freedom. One of my favorite things he said was, "Preparation + Purpose = POWER" as long as we are prepared and remember our purpose we will be given the power that we need. even though we are outnumbered, we will be given the strength we need through our Heavenly Father.
We had an awesome lesson with David and Michelle this last week. We brought our favorite crazy gospel principles teacher, Brother Rasmussen. David told us that he struggles with faith and a belief in God. We invited him to read from the Book of Mormon and pray every day to see if it makes a difference in his week. He was really reluctant to committing but Brother Rasmussen came in clutch bearing his testimony of how much reading the BOM daily changes his life for the better. I'm so grateful for awesome member missionaries! 
Allison has been reading from the BOM every day!! She is such a great example to me of faith. She was super excited to fast this Sunday. We went over to her house before church and she told us that she had read 2 chapters since we saw her the day before and she was ready to fast. She told us that her kids tried to get her to eat something but she told them no. haha! I was dreading to tell this girl that I was leaving... but i had to do it! As soon as I told her I was leaving she started to cry. The worst part about being a missionary is leaving people you love. But I'm so grateful for the impact and example she has been to me! 
Leaving an area is hard, but change is always good! I have truly loved all of my areas I have served in and all the people I have been able to meet. You don't realize the impact you have on people until you have to say good bye. And they definitely don't realize the impact they have had on me. I LOVE MY MISSION. 
XOXO
Sister Turpin
Happy 4th of July!

Pretty lake!

The best district, love these guys.

The Reeds, love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment