Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 26

Man.. so much has happened I don't even know where to start.
First things first: ILLINOIS IS COLD!! I mean Missouri was starting to get pretty chilly but Illinois is definitely way colder. Humidity in the winter is not my friend. But I do like it here in Danville. There is a bigger population in this area compared to my last area. I'm really bad at explaining things sooo if you wanna know what it's like here then I guess you're just gonna have to come and visit;) 
I left Sister Hill on Wednesday. WAHHH:( Transfer meeting was alot less stressful this time because I wasn't anxious to see who was training me or who I would be training. But it was fun to see Sis. Hill get her new baby Sister Knight. She is a cutie and they will be great together!! 
So usually we have members pick us up from transfer meeting and take us to our new area. Well turns out we were getting a different car so I had to drive it all the way from St. Louis to Danville. It was long 4 hour drive!! I can't believe they trusted me to do that. haha don't worry dad, I was safe:) 
Anyways I made it safely to good ole Danville Illinois. Illinois is super flat. I don't know a whole lot about our area but I am serving in a ward and we share it with the Elders. Sister Henrie is my new companion! She is 19 and from Layton Utah and has been on her mission for 2 months. She is super cute and spunky. 
SOOOOO.. we had stake conference this last weekend. Which was cool because I just went to a stake conference in Cape last month:) Plus Elder Bednar's son is in our stake presidency, pretty cool! anyways we got a ride with a member to save miles.. cuz that's what missionaries do. Well we parked in this empty parking lot and left our car there and when we came back after stake conference our car was gone. ARE YOU SERIOUS? well good news.. it wasn't stolen! haha but it was towed. We were not happy. But we figured everything out and got our car back. #blessed 
I still haven't met all of the people we are teaching yet.. but one of the ladies we are teaching is named Quita. She is SO COOL! She was a media referral that the sisters got a few weeks ago but she said that she has no idea how she was referred.. God works in mysterious ways right? hah! anyways we taught her part of the restoration but it's hard because she talks SO MUCH! she's had a rough past and really just wants to be a good example for her six kids. we had a lesson with her at the church sunday night and then watched the christmas devotional afterwards and she loved it. it was so cool! I felt the spirit so strongly watching the devotional. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! I hope that we can all reflect on the Savior this Christmas season and remember the real reason why we celebrate. God loves us so much that he gave us His only begotten Son as a gift to the world. That's pretty neat.  
I hit my 6th month mark last Thursday. I still feel like a brand new missionary. it's the weirdest thing! Time just never stops!! I'm so grateful to be serving a mission. I just love it more and more every day. I hope that you all have a great week!
XOXO
Sister Turpin
p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUT TO MY SISTER BRIELLE. 

My new address:
Sister Breanne Turpin
9 Ridgeview #105
Danville, IL 61832

My new companion Sister Henrie!
Hit my 6 months - burning of a shirt.


It was hard to say good bye to Sister Hill, sad faces.

My MTC girls, just love them!
Washing the car mats, like a pro!

No comments:

Post a Comment