Saturday, November 28, 2015

Week 25

There is so much to be grateful for and that is why I love this time of year so much! Thanksgiving is a time that we can all reflect on how blessed we truly are. I am grateful for my friends and family who all love and support me, I'm grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and how much it has blessed my life, and I am most grateful this year to be a missionary in the Missouri St. Louis Mission. There isn't anywhere else I would rather be!
We had some great things happen this last week! 
Miracle #1: So we have lunch with a member in our ward every week, Sister Moore. Well Sister Moore's husband Dennis is not a member. She has been trying to be a good example to him and help him want to learn more about the gospel, but she doesn't want to force him into it. They have been having the missionaries come over every week for a year now and Dennis hasn't been super interested in learning more. Well this last week we asked Sister Moore what we could do to help Dennis and she said she just wasn't sure what else she could do. At the end of our visit we shared a few scriptures from the book of Enos and talked a little bit about the spirit. Sister Moore asked Dennis if he understood the spirit and he said no, so we talked about it a little. Then Sister Moore asked him if he wanted to take the missionary discussion and he said YES!! We were shocked and so thrilled at the same time. Sister Hill and I couldn't even believe what had happened. A whole year of missionaries coming over and Dennis is finally ready to learn. It was pretty cool. I've been able to see how the spirit prepares people to finally accept the gospel. We taught him the restoration on Friday and he took it all really well. We're gonna have to take things pretty slow because he doesn't have much religious background but we are pretty excited.
Miracle #2: We found the cutest family to teach!! About a month ago we met Allyssa and we told her what we do as missionaries. She thought it was pretty cool and said she would want to learn more, but wanted to ask her husband first. Well we got pretty busy and haven't been able to stop by for a while but when we finally did Allyssa told us that she was waiting for us to come by and that her husband Gavin was willing to learn more too. YAY! So we taught them the restoration yesterday and the whole time Gavin was like "yeah that makes sense that we would have a prophet on the earth" and the whole time I was thinking "yeah that does make sense." We gave them Book of Mormons and they said they would read. They are SUPER YOUNG! but they have two cute girls, 1 & 3. After the lesson Sister Hill and I were talking about how every time we teach people about the gospel it just makes so much sense, how could you not believe it? I am grateful for the knowledge that I do have and that I get to teach people how they can have peace and happiness in their lives. 
Miracle #3: Andrea knows the BOM is true!! We taught Andrea this last week and asked her about how her prayers have been going and if she feels like she has received an answer about Joseph Smith and the BOM. She told us that she knows the BOM is true and Joseph Smith was a prophet! It was pretty cool actually, she told us that she was at a car place waiting for her car to get fixed and she pulled up the BOM on her phone. She said she opened up to 4th Nephi and started reading and she just knew it was true. HOW COOL IS THAT? Andrea is one of those "golden" investigators. She has truly been so prepared. Everything we teach her she agrees with. We taught her the Word of wisdom this last week and she goes, "I don't drink or smoke and i don't even like coffee or tea." WHAT? I swear everybody out here drinks tea so we were pumped that she said she would have no issues with it. 
I have seen so many miracles on my mission and I am grateful for God's hand in my life, he truly has blessed me so much! 
I am grateful for all of you and hope that you have the best thanksgiving!!
XOXO 
Sister Turpin 
wW
Enjoying our last few days of warm weather!

Thanksgiving with Joy, she doesn't like to have her picture taken.
One of our favorites, Sister Steinmeyer

Joy made me a cheetah purse, SO CUTE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment