Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Week 27

Hello family! 
This last week was just the best! 
We had zone conference on Thursday. Zone conferences are my favorite! I love getting to meet with other missionaries, plus see President and Sister Morgan! We had lots of good trainings on how to finish our year out strong and do everything we can to help the mission reach our goal of 375 baptisms. We had a fun white elephant exchange and got the best present from President and Sister Morgan! So our mission rule is that we get to go to the temple at our half way mark and right before we leave.. well for Christmas they told us that the temple policy has changed and we get to go every six months! WOOOO! I am so excited for this because that means I get to go to the temple at the end of this month! BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!! At zone conference we watched a little video that had the last two christmas and easter videos that the church has put out. I'm usually not an emotional person but man the tears started flowing as i was watching. I was overcome with the spirit and felt so much love and gratitude for my Savior Jesus Christ. I'm so lucky to be a missionary and help other to feel of the Savior's love.
After zone conference we had exchanges and guess who my STL is!! SISTER REED!!!!! I am super excited to have her be my STL and it was so fun to be companions again for a day. I went to Springfield with her and we just had the best time. It was fun to see how we each have grown since being companions at the beginning of my mission. Also fun thing.. The STL's just got a brand new 2016 Chevy Equinox and well Sister Reed got her driving privileges taken away when we got in our little accident in the summer, so that means I got to drive the new car! haha i'll probably never drive a brand new car like that again so I felt pretty cool;)
We had a fun relief society activity this week combined with the young women where we went caroling and had a hot chocolate bar and made crafts. Our investigator Quita brought her 15 year old daughter to it and she said she loved it and wants to come back next week! yay!! we were super pumped. Also we had a ward christmas brunch Saturday morning and Quita came and brought her 5 kids. Ward activities are great opportunities to invite nonmembers to so they can meet people from the ward and feel more comfortable before coming to church! good stuff. 
So we visited this less active, Sister Hubbard last week and she is just the greatest!! She gave me a cute new scarf and told me that whenever a new sister missionary comes she always gives them a scarf to help remind them of how much love Heavenly Father has for us. She said that the scarf is like God giving us a hug since we are away from our families. It was super sweet! I love all the members I meet on my mission. It's like a home away from home. 
okay well that's all! I hope you all are enjoying the Christmas season! 
XOXO

Sister Turpin
Driving a brand new 2016 Equinox because Sister Reed doesn't have driving privileges. he he :)

Springfield is known as "Lincoln Land" 
Making pancakes for the ward Christmas brunch. Elder Johnson, Elder Vindas, Sister Henrie, and me!

With our cute STL's Sister Furniss and Sister Reed.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are a super-hyped Missionary! Hope things continue to look UP, Up, UPPP!! Merry Christmas - Lynn

    ReplyDelete