Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Week 30

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 
I can't believe it's 2016. Super weird. Especially because now I can say I go home this year. Even if it is in December;) New Years Eve is super anticlimactic as a missionary especially because we have a 10:30 bedtime.. but it was still fun! We spent the night with the Tillman's, he is our ward mission leader. We got to watch movies again. YESSSS! We watched the Lego movie and the minion movie and played cards. Super fun! and then we went home and went to bed at 10.. yayay:) haha 
So we have been getting alot of media referrals lately that come through a text message. Well we share an area with the Elders and for some reason we are the only ones who ever get the texts. So everytime we get a referral we are so excited until we put it in our GPS and find out that it's on the Elder's side.. bummer right? well Monday we FINALLY got a referral on our side! The elder's said it was because they have been praying for us to get referrals because they know the only way they get referrals is if it's sent to us. hahah! 
The referral ended up being this lady, Glenda. She wanted a bible and we went over and visited with her and gave her a bible and ended up giving her a BOM too. She is really sweet. She's gone through alot in her life and she told us she ministers at some church. She's pretty religious but open to learning things so she invited us to come back. She kept telling us that God has great things in store for us and that it wasn't a coincidence that we were put in each other's lives. 
Wednesday was a great day. I got to go to the temple. WOOO! I definitely took the temple for granted before my mission and I wish that I hadn't. It is such an awesome place. I got to drive down with Sister Anderson who is the best! She served in Potosi before I did and we feel like we've been companions even though we haven't. It was awesome to get to see all the missionaries I came out with. Our endowment session was full of missionaries. It was really neat. Afterwards when we went to the celestial room President and Sister Morgan were waiting there to greet us. It was so cute! A group of us Sisters were sitting together and the temple President came over to us and told us that there are angels watching over us and are apart of this work and that we need to expect miracles. It was neat. I love the spirit I feel when I'm at the temple! 
Saturday night we went over to have a lesson with Terisa and her kids. Well turns out that Terisa's sister was there and she was baptized last April. She was just about to leave and then decided to stay and sit in on our lesson. It was so awesome to have her there! Terisa says that she wants to do what God wants her to and she wants to have a clean start for this new year. We told her there is no better way than to be baptized! We still haven't been able to commit her yet but we are working on it:) Her sister was also able to bring them all to church the next day since Terisa doesn't have a car. It was definitely a blessing from God. and the best part is that we told Terisa to come to church with a question in mind because she said the last time she came to church she got bored. and at church all of the lessons had to do with things that we talked about with terisa from the night before. It was super cool. GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS!
Alright last thing.. I finally joined the star fish alliance. So there is a member in the ward Brother Fulton who came up with the "star fish alliance." and basically he found this story about a boy who was walking on the beach and throwing star fish back into the sea and a man came up to him and told him that there were millions of starfish and that he wasn't going to make a difference at all and the boy looks at him, picks up a star fish throws it back into the ocean and says "it made a difference for that one." So bro Fulton shares this story with all the missionaries and members of the ward and give them a little star fish pin. and I officially joined the club! I love this story though and it's so true because it is impossible for us to help every single person in the world but we can make a difference in just a few people's lives and that is enough.
I hit my 7 month mark on Sunday and I feel like my mission is just flying by! I have loved every second and am grateful to be serving the people in Missouri and Illinois.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK. I LOVE YOU ALL
remember, new year, new me;) lololol
XOXO
Sister Turpin


Happy 7 months to me!

All the Sisters I cam out to Missouri with!

All the district and zone leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment