Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Week 31

Every week I feel like the people who wrote in the scriptures and said "I cannot write a tenth of my feelings..." or something to that effect.. that's not quoted scripture BTW:) but seriously so much happens each week there is no way I can write it all!!
This last week was a pretty spiritual week. I had probably the most spiritual lesson of my whole mission. We are teaching this lady Abrion. She is amazing!! Every time we've gone over to meet with her she talks about how she wants to change her life. So we taught her the first lesson and we went over the next day to watch the Joseph Smith movie with her. After the movie was over we asked her what she thought and she just looked at us and said "I know this is true." We started talking to her about what she was feeling and she told us that everything we taught her just made sense. She got really emotional and put her hand on her chest and said, "What am I feeling right now? It feels so good and warm." We explained to her that it was the Holy Ghost testifying that these thing are true. She just started crying and saying that she knows everything we taught her is true and we invited her to be baptized and she said "YES, YES, YES!" ahhh it was so cool!!! I wish that every lesson on my mission could be like that. It's amazing how the spirit can testify when people open their hearts and are willing to receive an answer. 
On Saturday we had mission conference and Elder Rasband came to speak to us. It was a neat experience to get to meet an apostle of the Lord. All of the missionaries had the opportunity to meet him and shake his hand. One of the first things he said to us was that at the meeting they had two days before with the first presidency and twelve apostles, all of them tell where they are going that week on assignment. Elder Rasband told President Monson that he was coming to the Missouri St. Louis Mission and President Monson said, "Tell those missionaries I love them, and tell them thank you." I felt so much love from the Prophet in that moment. Elder Rasband talked alot about our divine call as missionaries and how the area we serve in is exactly where God wants us to be. It's comforting to know that. I love MSLM!! This is the best mission EVER. And I love President and Sister Morgan. 
Well we got transfer calls on Saturday and Sister Henrie is leaving Danville. I will be staying here and my new companion is Sister Peel. It's going to be a great transfer, I am excited! 
Have a great week!! Love you all
XOXO
Sister Turpin
This is Abrion's son Christian. He loves to wear our name tags.
Out to lunch with the Sisters after our mission conference.
The young women in the ward. We got to wear princess crowns.

I got to see Sister Hill at the conference, love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment