Sunday, March 13, 2016

Week 39

Hi Family!!
The weeks always seem to fly by! Last week I hit my 9 month mark. SAY WUT?! It's hard to believe that my mission is already half way over and I'm on the downward slide.  I feel like the longer I've been out the more the days/weeks seem to blend together. I can never remember what happens!!
Let's see.... We had zone conference this last week. WOOO! Every single missionary meeting we have is my favorite. I just love them! I'm used to going to zone conference and getting trainings from the zone leaders and STLs but it was different this time because Sister Fisher and I gave one of the trainings. We talked about repentance and some of the other things from MLC last week. It was pretty good! President and Sister Morgan gave us more trainings too. Sister Morgan showed us the new Easter video that the church is putting out. It's so good!!! It comes out this Sunday so you all should watch it:) It's called #Hallelujah. Watch it and then share it with a friend! My favorite part about any meeting we have is that at the end the missionaries always have the opportunity to bear their testimonies. The spirit was so strong during the testimony meeting! I love every chance I get to be surrounded by such great people who help me build my faith in Christ. Plus it's always fun to see all my friends from around the mission! 
So we haven't had as many people to teach lately. We have been doing a lot of finding and contacting and working with less actives. At zone conference they really pushed talking with everyone we see and remembering that we are FULL-TIME missionaries, not part time! Sister Fisher and I have really been trying to open our mouths and share the gospel with everyone we come in contact with. We have met alot of great people doing this and hopefully we will be able to find more people to teach! 
Last Sunday we had dinner with some members, the Collins family. We challenged them to pray everyday for a week to have a missionary experience, duh because we are missionaries and that's what we do. Anyways we checked up on them throughout the week to make sure they didn't forget and then on Sunday we followed up and Sister Collins told us that she and her husband both had missionary experiences that week. She even bore her testimony about it in sacrament meeting. AWESOME!!! As missionaries we promise people blessings quite often. We promised the Collins family that they would have missionary opportunities as they prayed for them and sought them out. It's so cool to see that those promised blessings are real when people put forth the effort! 
So I challenge you all to pray for a missionary opportunity everyday for a week and then actively be looking for that chance to share the gospel. I can promise you that as you do this Heavenly Father will put people in your path who are waiting and ready to hear the gospel!
I love you all and hope you have an awesome week:)
XOXO 
Sister Turpin
I hit my 9 month mark so I went out for a cupcake! Yea me!

I finally got to meet Elder and Sister Taylor from Blackfoot! They are so sweet!
Enjoying Smoothie King!


Our matching St. Louis shirts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment