Sunday, September 13, 2015

Week 14

Hello Everyone! 
Hope you all enjoyed your labor day weekend:) We have been working hard this past week and it's been great!
Okay so here's the exciting news of the week. We got transfer calls on Saturday!! WOO!! Sister Reed is leaving me and going to Springfield Illinois. She is gonna be a Sister Training Leader and will be so amazing. She has taught me so much and I am definitely going to miss her! I am going to be staying here in Potosi and training a new missionary. I find out who she is tomorrow when we go to transfer meeting. I am super excited and a little nervous, mostly because I'm still brand new! But it will be good. I'll most likely end up being here for another 3 months. Good thing I love this area:) 
We have been working to find new people to teach and helping those that we do teach to progress even more! We taught Ron the Word of Wisdom this last Thursday. We were a little bit nervous because he is into vaping, so we weren't quite sure how he would respond to the lesson. But after we taught him we asked if he would have any problems keeping the word of wisdom and he said No! yay! Ever since he got his answer that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, everything else we teach him he believes. Especially because the Word of Wisdom was revelation from God to the prophet Joseph Smith, kinda cool:) Anyways he's progressing slowly but surely, and hopefully we can move his baptismal date up sooner! It's set for November 14th right now. 
Steve and Rose have been progressing slowly but surely as well. Rose said she doesn't have time to sit down and read from the BOM, so we helped her download the gospel library app so she can listen to the scriptures while she is driving. thank goodness for technology! They have been reading a little bit here and there. we invited them to baptism this last week and they didn't say yes.. but they didn't say no either so that was good! We really do love them so much. Steve told us that he wanted to adopt Sister Reed and I so we could just live with them and not have to leave. haha they are so funny!
Anyways this next week will be great and I can't wait to meet my new companion!! hope you all have a fabulous week:)
XOXO
Sister Turpin
One of the branch members made cinnamon rolls, they were huge!

This is Ron!

I just love Sister Reed!

Steve and Rose made us breakfast on Monday, Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment