Thursday, July 16, 2015

Week 6

Hello Family and Friends!!
I know I say this every week, but I really can't believe another week has come and gone! 
This week I went on my first exchange! WOO! I was kind of nervous. I went to Glen Carbon, Illinois with Sister Ewell and it was awesome! You learn so much from exchanges and being with different missionaries in a different area. 
Two highlights from exchanges: 1) We met with their investigator Janeeka who did not believe in the book of mormon at all when the missionaries first told her to read it, but when we went and visited her on Tuesday she had such a change of heart. She shared her testimony of the BOM with us and how she knows it is true and the whole time she was so emotional and kept saying "I don't know why i'm getting all emotional, but I know this is true and I can't turn away from it now." It was one of the most powerful testimonies I have ever heard! It was awesome to see how the Spirit worked with her to soften her heart and testify of the truth of the BOM. She said that she couldn't believe that one small book could completely change her life but that it had already. I PROMISE YOU ALL THAT THE BOOK OF MORMON CHANGES LIVES. I invite everyone to read it if you haven't yet! 2) We stopped by and met this 14 year old boy who had just moved from Tennessee and was waiting for 4 months for the missionaries to come by. He just got baptized in January and then they moved in March and his records just barely showed up on the ward list. His face lit up when he answered the door and he realized we were missionaries, it was the coolest thing! His name was Gabe and we asked him if he had been able to read the Book of Mormon lately and he said that he hadn't but that when he does the missionaries taught him to relate it to pokemon because he loves pokemon so much. He then told us how he related Lehi's vision of the tree of life to pokemon and it was the coolest thing ever!! Talk about relating the scriptures to your own life! 
Anyways on Wednesday I made it back to Potosi with Sister Reed and we have just been working hard all week. We picked up 4 new investigators this week and have a good amount of people to teach so we are excited about that. We are working on improving member missionary work. We want our branch to become more involved and excited about missionary work! the members are so essential to the work!! 
Also we have a baptism this Saturday for our investigator Dustin! WOOHOO! haha oh he gave me a knife this week. He said he wanted to get me a pocket knife but he felt like it wasn't my personality so he ended up getting me this straight up knife with a sheath. It's pretty legit. He tells me and Sister Reed that we need protection hahah! He's too funny.
I hope that you all are doing well! Thanks for all the letters, I love them! You guys are the best!!
XOXO   Sister Turpin
Exchange with Sister Ewell

Breanne posing in the rain!

Trip to the St. Louis Zoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment