Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Week 2

Hello everyone! I hope you all have had a great week! I can't believe how fast time flies. Today is my last official day here at the MTC. We leave tomorrow morning at 3:30 AM to go to the airport.. SO EARLY! But it's okay because I am so excited to finally go and serve the people in Missouri!
Okay so one funny thing this week. Us 4 sisters in the district all share a room together and one day after lunch we came back to the room and Sister Lott started complaining about how she was sick of her clothes and wanted to go shopping so we all decided that we would just switch clothes right then and it would pretty much be the same thing as shopping right? we thought it was the funniest thing ever, the sisters could not stop laughing! and then when we went back to class we didn't say anything because we wanted to see how long it took the Elders to notice it. Well they finally noticed and asked us about it and we kept denying it. Later in class we took a break, when the Elders came back they had all switched ties trying to be funny like us sisters. It only took us a minute to realize it but it added some humor to our day! We like to have fun here in the MTC too:) Also, Sister Bishop and I tend to laugh too much around here. Mom and Dad, you know how once I start laughing I usually can't stop? Well Sister Bishop is the exact same way and sometimes we have these laughing fits where we literally can't stop for like 5 minutes!! I always think of when that would happen at family prayer and Dad would not be happy with me and brandie and brielle! hahah I'm glad that we get along and can have fun and laugh about things tho! 
Another fun thing was we threw a little birthday party for our district leader Elder Kindmark. We went to dinner like 10 minutes early and decorated a chair with sticky notes that said happy birthday. We filled a tray with a bunch of a little gifts that we got him as a district, just candy and pens and mints and stuff. He loved it!! haha it was so awesome he told us that was the first time he's ever been surprised in his life. So it was super fun for us all to do that together as a district. 
It's crazy how many familiar faces I have seen this week! I see a lot of people that I know from BYU or from high school. I saw two of my cheer friends, Maddi (Sister Bishoff) and Anna (Sister Liljenquist), I also saw Mason Spillett! It's fun to get to see people from back home or from school and also comforting at the same time because it helps the transition in the MTC. 
So two of the Elders in our district actually left this morning so we had a little going away party where the Elders said their "last words" to all of us since we will not be in the same mission. It was really sad to say goodbye! We really do have the best Elders ever though, they are so sweet and tender and in tune with the spirit. One of our zone leaders, Elder Marchand, gave us sisters the best compliment last night. He said that all of the Elders make sure to do their best so that they can keep up with us Sisters. He also told us that we all reminded him of the mothers of the stripling warriors. That's probably the best compliment I could ever get!! I hope that I can live as faithfully as those mothers. 
It's been a little crazy this week getting 47 new missionaries into our zone, but it's still been great! There are 17 new sister missionaries. Actually one of the sisters, Sister Ockerland, went through the temple the same day I did in Logan! Do you remember her mom? Anyways she is so cute so it was fun to get to see her again! But we've gotten to know these new sisters, and I love them all so much! It will be sad to leave them all but I know they will be great missionaries. 
Alright I'll end with a couple of cool spiritual experiences..
Every tuesday night they have a devotional here at the MTC. This week we got to hear from the Relief Society General President Sister Burton. It was awesome!! She talked about what it means to be a disciple of Christ and how it's not just a one time thing, but a continual process. Even though we are missionaries we can continually be coming unto Christ just like we want the people we teach to come unto Christ too.
It kind of gets hard to focus in class sometimes because we are in there for 6 hours each day, every day. I started to notice that I wasn't paying attention as much as I needed to and so I prayed to Heavenly Father that I would be able to focus and pay attention in class. The next day in class one of our teachers shared with us that saying a prayer helps her to refocus. It was really cool because she didn't even know that that was something that I had prayed for, yet she gave me an answer to my prayer. HEAVENLY FATHER ANSWERS PRAYERS! Even though it was something so little, it honestly helped strengthen my testimony that God cares about things that are important to us. I began to start praying in my mind when I could tell I was getting tired or not paying attention as well as I should have been during class and I could immediately refocus. 
Breanne studying hard!

While at the MTC Jim wrote Breanne everyday on Dear Elder. com, over the weekend, she got 7 letters on Monday. All the Elders wanted to know how many boyfriends she had back home, she told them none, they were all from her Dad.


Sister Turpin and Sister Bishop enjoying the temple grounds
Well, next time I email it will be from Missouri!! Thank you all for you love and support. Don't forget to read your scriptures and say your prayers. Your Heavenly Father loves you and so do I!
XOXO
Sister Turpin
Sister Turpin with Elder Spillett at the MTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment